Sunday, August 7, 2011

Perhaps on a weekly basis?

Considering my weekdays seem to produce small, frivolous amounts of free time, I've decided a weekly catch up will have to suffice. This evening's narration is being jotted down to the sweet, slow melody of Anna Nalick. Wreck of the Day has been a soothing factor in my days of late.

Lately I've been craving pho, trampoline jumping, and the ocean. I've also been feeling a compulsiveness to begin planning my wedding as if there's no tomorrow. Carrying my wedding journal/notes/magazines around with me everywhere I go has become something of a habit. I've even created a new blog to devote to these months of planning ahead of me. It's in the making, but as soon as I've posted, I'll give you guys the link! As of right now, the man is saving up for the "real" proposal and we're thinking things will get exciting once we've graduated from UTD.

Tomorrow I will have my pho! Tomorrow I will also be driving a one ton van around Dallas. Exciting? Yes. Scary? Hell yes. Horrifying to others? Undoubtedly. But, sadly, our MAV is seeming more dependable than my jeep. Lately, it's intermittently decided to stop responding to the gas pedal, as if to say "NO! Gas Pedal! I'm no longer your bitch, so THERE!" ...except in this case THERE leaves me blinking my hazards in Dallas traffic 3 lanes away from an exit. Oh, and random BMW driver, I apologize for being such an inconvenience in my hazardous state. Next time I'll try not to get into an exit lane as you so hurriedly swerve through lanes while on your cell phone. Please, oh please, swerve onto the shoulder and avoid my car because I'm going too slow for you...I'd really appreciate not dying today, you know, if you don't mind?

Other than my poor, old POS, things are moving along, as they do. School, I so suddenly realized, is about two weeks away! I started hyperventilating the other night; I'm usually prepared by now! This weekend has been filled with finding books and funds. Good news? I got awarded the Dean Transfer Scholarship from UTD! Down side? About half my books are still eluding me, but I will prevail! Also, I'm just about finished with Onward. Now I just need to squeeze in the other 12 books I have checked out. One every other day ought to do it, right? Today was just full of good news! I was also notified that I won $35 to Mary Kay and a pamper session. Just when I needed makeup and am feeling gross? Thanks, fate, I needed that, actually. Inspired by my lucky day, mom had me pick up every lottery ticket I felt like. Hell, why not?

Yesterday was the Allen Stake Youth Softball Tournament. Karl and I crashed and it was spectacular! I haven't had so much fun in ages. 2nd base is definitely where it's at, ya'll. Also, I'm proud to say, I only hit one foul ball before getting myself two bases in! Take that, you loud obnoxious teenage boys. Speaking of, I'd forgotten just how loud AND obnoxious high school boys are...ay yiyi!  Another accomplishment of the day? A little sunshine!!! That's probably the second or third time I've been out all summer...not including our 630am runs to the community pool. Which, now that I think about it, might just be a jinx for my car...that's where the flat occurred and where we pushed the jeep home from this morning. Food for thought, eh?

In other news, a friend of mine has decided that I'd be the perfect martial artist star in his zombie-apocalypse film project. Well, why the hell not?!? If things work out, some crazy famous producer/director will see it and be so impressed I never have to worry about money again. Yes, I think I could dig that. This web show will be a year in the making, beginning in October. I'll keep the updates coming.

I wonder what a CFO actually does...

Inspired by a chapter in Onward, I went to Kroger and bought a bag of Starbuck's ground Pike Place Roast. Which, I might add, is delicious. Doesn't get you going as fast as the Breakfast Blend though. Anyways, and GOODNESSGRACIOUS, I felt like a kid again when I saw this: once you drink up a bag of roast, guess what?! You get a free drink at Starbuck's! You know that adrenaline rush, fueled by sugary goodness, that you get once you've reached the end of the cereal box and get the prize? Or not sugar-fueled, for those who were master's and just flipped the stupid box over...not quite as satisfying though; I tried it a couple times. I literally jumped and squealed. I'm about 2 cups away as of Friday! I haven't had a chance to grab Starbuck's in a few weeks now and GOOD LORD am I ready. I also feel like bowling.

I kind of feel like hiking a mountain and canoeing to a nice fishing hole. I just want to be outside, soaking up the sun and doing exciting things! Like zip lining! Or...bungee jumping? I miss the Renaissance Faire. I'm proud to be able to say this is the first year I've missed it though. One day I'll be rich and never miss anything! Oh money, you devilish fiend.

Alas, today I'm just too tired/lazy/unambitious and won't be filling this post with lovely pictures. Maybe next time. Good day, world. Have a lovely week!

No comments:

Post a Comment