Sunday, August 14, 2011

Attention Passengers: We're headed into a little tumultuous turbulence...

Full of emotional turmoil seems to be the most apt description of the past week. I'd rather not go into details, but the crux of the matter is this: marriage plans are at an abrupt halt. There were no fouls in this game, folks, things are just coming to a crossroads, as things tend to do. To be continued...

On to lighter matters, yeah? Today I got a new phone! No longer will I be afflicted with that appendage we used to so fretfully fawn over: the Motorola Razor. I remember how badly everyone in high school HAD to have the razor...and I had the firefly. Oh, the days! Today I'm rollin' high with an Intensity II! I think I'll leave the beautiful iPhone to the rich kids and try not to be so distracted by it's greatness.

Right now I'm missing kickboxing and soccer. I really wish there was some way to fit those into my schedule during the semester, but it's amazing how quickly the time gets allotted! There will barely be time to eat and sleep! On a health-conscious note, I've GOT to get back into eating regularly and working out again...the cow is fast approaching! I've decided I'm determined to pour every last ounce of energy and focus into being just a BADASS student this semester. I'm going to kick that internship out of the water and ace every class, like an Asian BOSS. Boys, especially boys, I think, are going to have to be practically nonexistent over the next few months, if not longer...I've decided I deserve time to focus on ME and what I want. If I don't figure these things out now, I never will.

Saturday it rained! Normally I love the weather in summertime, but things were looking a little hellish the past few weeks. I've never been so excited to wake up to rain in my entire life. I woke up seized with a desire to go jump on a trampoline in the rain! Unfortunately, I've none available to me. Maybe next time. Today we were back up in the triple digits, but hey, I'm grateful for the smallest reprieve! Friday was a day of accomplishment as well! I finally nudged my way through the last few chapters of Onward. It was probably the most substantially inspiring book I've read. No vampires or magic involved. Simply economic distraught in national proportions and ethical, steely resolve. I should probably also notate the tremendous amount of love and hard work poured into Starbucks' transformation by its ceo; you could practically feel it emanating of the pages. Mr. Schultz is truly someone to look up to and be proud of.

Yesterday I started World War Z. I'm hooked. The way it's written took a little getting used to, but I'm learning to appreciate it. It's written in an after-the-fact historical approach. It's touching on thought-provoking issues I'd never connected to a zombie apocalypse and I can't get enough! I can't help but wonder what would happen if everything we depended on collapsed by morning- would I be prepared? What would I do? How would I keep my family protected? Who cares about boys at that point??? Hahahaha. Seriously though, I'm loving the book and trains of thoughts I'm riding out with it. Go get a copy.

In even lighter news, this video has kept me continually amused this weekend.

It was hard enough to stop reading to even get to reporting on my insignificantly important doings, and I can't stop looking at my book with desire...my eyes are starting to get whiplash. So that's it today, folks. Until next Sunday, and another mundane update on a random life. What fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment