Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Due to a lack of access to the internet, I've been neglecting sharing my thoughts quite absolutely. And Miss Tiffany has been missing my ridiculous thought-sharing (Lord, knows why) so here's to you, love! Good news from this recent detachment? I've realized withdrawal from Facebook IS something that can be survived! PRAISE THE LORD! It takes about a week and a half of completely detaching one's self from even logging on AT ALL, but yes, it is bearable. Even enlightening. Facebook is NOT the world. Yes, yes, it's very good to stay in touch with freaking everyone, but my oh my, is it peaceful without that addiction. The feeling of needing to constantly respond to every post- of resorting to facebook stalking (don't lie, you know you do it. Everyone does. It's a hazard of having an account) when you're just THAT bored. I've started running again! I have the TIME! Albeit, I only talk to the people I actually have time to see, or remember to call, but it's so much less of a headache, let me tell ya.

HARRY POTTER IS TONIGHT!!!!! That's basically all I can think about at the moment. Good Lord, am I excited! Midnight premiere, baby!!! I'm going to cry. I just know it. I cry every time I read the book, when I find out yet again, that Dumbledore dies. That left me with an almost incurable hatred for Snape. Dumbledore is one of those characters that you simply can't help but fall in love with. Sirius dying? That was a blow, I'll admit, but something I was easily able to shrug off and move on from. As much as I admired Sirius, as endearing as he could be, I never formed that much of an emotional attachment to him as I did with Dumbledore. Of course people are going to have to die. It's life. But WHY Dumbledore? It took me the longest time to accept that part of the story. Throughout the entire first reading of the seventh book I was hoping with everything I had that somehow, someway, he'd survived, and it was only a matter of time until he astounded the wizarding world with a stylish return. Alas, that was not meant to be. At least Harry offed Voldemort, finally. What a shitty way to end a series- if he actually lost. That would have been horrendous.

I'm ready for Fall semester to get here. I'm excited to start all my classes! Plus, I just like having something to do with myself. At the same time, I'm hesitant to wish for time to speed up. I'm enjoying the summer visits from friends I never get to see anymore. And spending time with those I won't be able to see much longer. I've sadly seen the end to my weekly Waffle House excursions. Those were the crux of my Spring semester. Every Tuesday and Thursday was made beautiful by those mornings with Charli and waffles! Haha, and soccer. I loved those days because of soccer too.

My boyfriend, Karl, only just recently realized my addiction to vampires. I find them fascinating and horribly terrifying. I love vampire novels. TruBlood is an addiction. Twilight was my savior when Harry Potter ended. The movie though, oh God, the movie...they killed that story. Yes, I understand they had a limited budget to work with, but seriously? Harry Potter and The Sorcercer's Stone was a decent enough movie! Other than lacking Peeves, it was damn close to the book. But the motherfuckers directing Twilight failed. Edward looked like a faggot. The music and the "chemistry" between the leads was so cheesy I thought I was going to hurl my Taco Bell onto the rest of the audience in the theatre. Well, it being Taco Bell, who knew which way I'd release it, but it was threatening to one way or the other. Edward's head was too big, and Bella didn't know how to keep her mouth shut. Her acting skills are shoved too far up her ass to be used. We need a new Bella. Edward was incoherent half the time. In the book he was able to talk just fine, because he was that splendid. The only reference to his speech was an unknown reason of frustration and anger in his words to her every now and then. And the fact that half his articulation was something that belonged in an earlier century. In the movie he sounded like he was missing some of his mental-help classes. They murdered the story. Raped it, dragged it along through the mud and a mile long cheese grater (explaining the extra side of cheesiness), and tossed it into a bucket of flaming bleach before throwing it off the edge of the Grand Canyon into a valley full of mines. That's what they did to the beautiful story that is Twilight. Motherfuckers.

HARRY POTTER IS TONIGHT!!!! Yes, it's still on the brain. Nothing else is lasting long in my mind so I think I'm going to cut this post a little short. Everyone have a blasty blast at the premiere!!! No amazing person is going to miss something like that! :D

2 comments:

  1. This is absolutely amazing. I love you. I love that you don't edit you and your personality for the internet.

    I still haven't seen the movie, should I?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha, thanks my dear :) You know me. My thought process moves from topic to topic too quickly to properly edit anything anyways. And a blog with no personality is simply a boring commentary, so what would be the poing! Haha.

    About the movie? Hmmm...I say yes, just so I can have your opinions. I love your opinions on everything. I value them very highly actually. And if ours happen to be conducive, then I'll have a lovely sarcastic soulmate to badger the movie with :)

    ReplyDelete